Aveda's vision: "connecting beauty, environment and well-being."
Aveda's mission: "to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world."
1. We believe in treating ourselves,each other, and the planet with care and respect.
2. We believe social responsibility is our responsibility.
3. We believe ecological and profit goals are mutually achievable.
4. We believe our authenticity and experience are our points of difference.
5. We believe in inspiring and educating people to integrate wellness and beauty in their lives.
6. We believe in the power of oneness: from our global image to a focused network.
7. We believe learning never ends.
8. We believe in encouraging innovation and empowered decision-making.
9. We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence.
10. We believe personal and organizational balance is the key to sustainable success.
11. We believe true leadership is delivered with passion and by example.
Aveda's heritage is based on its relationship with Ayurveda which started in 1978. "5,000 years of results our earliest roots lie in Ayurveda, the Indian healing tradition based on the knowledge of life and the interconnectedness of all things. It has proven, over 5,000 years, that treating the whole person leads to greater balance and well-being, so we consider the effects of our products not only on hair or skin, but on body, mind and emotion."
Aveda acts responsibly "We believe there is no responsible alternative to doing business other than through the pursuit of environmental sustainability and this belief guides every decision we make. We find inspiration for doing so in nature and believe that nature is not merely something to be cherished and protected, but also should be emulated as a model of sustainability. We also believe that profit and environmental responsibility will increasingly work together as more industries find out that "nature works" for both sustainability and the bottom-line."
All information is from Aveda.com For more information about Aveda's history or the history of Maximum FX visit our website maximumfx.com
Posted on Thu, March 20, 2014
by Candy Guerra