Behind every successful company is a team of amazing people! Meet Shameka. Shameka's hometown is Killeen, Texas deep in the heart of Central Texas. Shameka is one of our newest team members and is a cutting specialist at our Circle C Ranch location. Shameka has a natural talent for hair and has impressed us all as she has embraced our training program. It's always nice when new team members join our family and the fresh perspective they bring to the culture. We asked Shameka a few questions so that you could get to know her better, and here's what she had to say:
1) Why did you choose to join this industry?
Since childhood, I loved to be creative and express myself through hair, whether it was on barbie dolls or on friends and family.
2) What is your favorite part of your job?
Meeting and having great conversations with many clients that walk through the doors at Maximum FX.
3) What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
Hanging out with friends and family. Shopping!
4) What motivates you?
My motivations are the goals that I set for myself and most of all success in my career.
5) Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
I love Kimora Lee Simmons! She is a diva, independent woman with many talents, and she's beautiful.
6) What attracted you to Maximum FX?
It's a company where the sky is the limit! I love Aveda. I love the support and training the company puts behind each person.
7) What advice would you give someone who's thinking about making a career in the salon/spa industry?
Be ready to work hard and be dedicated to your career. You will love it if you're serious!
8) What is your favorite Aveda product and why?
I love the Be Curly product line. With my hair being naturally curly, it's hard to find a product that enhances the curl, reduces frizz and keeps the hair from being stiff.
9) Who has had the greatest influence on your career and why?
My mom, she wants the best for me and always tells me no matter who disagrees with it, if you love it and it's your passion, stick with it and do it well. Plus, she's successful and tat drives me to be as successful.
10) Share one thing interesting about yourself that people typically don't know about you.
I have a huge family with may siblings. Seriously, MANY!
Posted on Wed, June 2, 2010