Behind every successful company is a team of amazing people! Meet Melinda. For those of you who haven't met her, she's one who can light up a room full of people with her energy when she walks in. Always cheerful, with her million dollar smile, Melinda is all about taking care of our guests. Melinda is passionate about her work. She is serious about her career and it shows. Melinda is a cutting specialist at our South Congress location and she can put up an updo that's fierce! Melinda will be celebrating her two year anniversary with us on June 10th! We asked Melinda a few questions so that you could get to know her better, and here's what she had to say:
1) Why did you choose to join this industry?
I had another career prior to joining Maximum FX and did hair for fun. I then decided I wasn't getting enough out of it and decided to make hair my ever day life. I figured it was time to have fun at work! I jumped in head first and am having a blast!
2) What is your favorite part of your job?
Interacting with clients and teammates. It's great making each other's day!
3) What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
I get country! Yee-haw!
4) What motivates you?
The love for learning that my parents always encouraged me to have -- try it, you might like it!
5) Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Not sure I have a favorite celebrity, there's too many!
6) What attracted you to Maximum FX?
I was once a client! I loved the Aveda products just as much as I loved the awesome stylists. Every time I came to visit the salon, I felt like I was part of something special.
7) What advice would you give someone who's thinking about making a career in the salon/spa industry?
Put yourself out there and get a good education. Surround yourself with people who can inspire you and learn as much as you can from them. You gotta do it!
8) What is your favorite Aveda product and why?
Witch Hazel - She's a dear friend of mine. She offers just enough support and never lets my curls get frizzy or crispy-looking.
9) Who has had the greatest influence on your career and why?
My friends and family -- their belief in me to succeed always encouraged me to try new things. They continue to push me to grow.
10) Share one thing interesting about yourself that people typically don't know about you.
As I was growing up, perms were totally in and I always wanted one. My parents told me no! I had no idea that I had ringlet curls because I didn't know how to style it. Now I rock my curls perm-free!
Posted on Fri, June 4, 2010
by MFXTeam filed under