Behind every successful company is a team of amazing people! Meet Jessica! Originally from Dallas, Jessica enjoyed a brief stint in New York City studying color at Bumble and Bumble in their training academy before calling Austin her home. From the moment you meet Jessica, you feel as if you've known her all your life. When we interviewed Jessica, right away we learned how bright, intelligent and extremely adept she was, not only in her business acumen, but also in her knowledge of color. Jessica is passionate about her work, and she's not afraid to "get in there and get her hands dirty". She has even assisted in our color education program. Jessica has a knack for desktop publishing and graphic design, lending her talents by helping the team with many of our marketing campaigns. A true team player, Jessica embodies the spirit of the Maximum FX culture and is always willing to cheerfully contribute when needed. We asked Jessica a few questions so that you could get to know her better, and here's what she had to say:
1) Why did you choose to join this industry?
I absolutely love the creative aspect of our industry.
2) What is your favorite part of your job?
Meeting new people and making clients smile!
3) What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
Organic gardening, cooking vegan food, playing with my rescued pit-bull Sugar.
4) What motivates you?
5) Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Alicia Silverstone - her work with Animal Advocacy and great style.
6) What attracted you to Maximum FX?
I'm an Aveda "junkie" and love the team-based business model.
7) What advice would you give someone who's thinking about making a career in the salon/spa industry?
Put 110% into your apprenticeship. Cosmetology training only teaches you the basics, your apprenticeship is where you become a stylist.
8) What is your favorite Aveda product and why?
Blue Malva is every blonde's best friend!
9) Who has had the greatest influence on your career and why?
In New York, I apprenticed with some amazing colorists who taught me to stay late every day and pay attention to every detail.
10) Share one thing interesting about yourself that people typically don't know about you.
I am a crazy bunny lady! (I have 5 rabbit tattoos!)
Posted on Thu, July 8, 2010
by MFXTeam filed under