We all love to be pampered… but probably don’t love the hefty bill that comes along with it. And while you can’t exactly replicate an elemental nature facial at home (no matter how bad you want to!), you can make it an at-home spa night anyway! Sometimes you're short on time and just can't make it to the spa? So, make a date with yourself, light a candle (maybe a best-selling Shampure™ Soy Wax candle) and create your own spa night, at a fraction of the cost and enough left over to pamper whenever you like!
1. Smoothing body polish- A combination of finely-ground walnut shells, kelp, aloe, lavender and herbal extracts exfoliates, smoothes and refines your skin. Apply in circles to damp skin.
Doesn't she look zen? Get this same feeling at home with Aveda. Photo: avedaadvanceacademy.com
2. Calming body cleanser- An Aveda best-seller. Lather onto moist skin and enjoy the scent of rose, vanilla and lavender while your body and mind relax. Your conditioned skin will feel softer to the touch.
3. Replenishing body moisturizer- An Aveda best-seller, this intensive moisturizer locks in moisture to give you smooth, soft and hydrated skin. Apply this combination of blend of vitamins, natural humectants and oils—including meadowfoam, to damp skin right after your shower or bath. Not only does applying in circles to damp skin help seal in moisture, but the steam will help even more.
4. Smoothing aqua therapy- Aveda top-rated. To use these restorative Dead Sea-salts, either exfoliate in the shower or add two tablespoons of Soothing Aqua Therapy to warm running bath water and soak for 10-20 minutes.
5. Blue oil balancing concentrate- Feel relaxed, rejuvenated and energized with this concentrate of chamomile and peppermint. Not only does it relieve stress and tension, but it also conditions and relaxes the scalp, eased stressed muscles, and is an excellent headache reliever!
Posted on Sun, September 18, 2011
by courtneyb filed under