Behind every successful company is a team of amazing people! Meet Regan. One of our newest Guest Care team members, Regan’s taken off like a rocket! With her strong background in management and customer service, Regan has worked in the retail and customer service industries for years. Originally from Port Arthur, Regan moved to Austin ten years ago after marrying a musician. Since that time, she’s worked in various positions, some in management for companies such as Aveda Corporation, Pacific Sunwear, and even a brief stint at Tabu Lingerie! We asked Regan a few questions so that you could get to know her better, and here’s what she had to say:
1) Why did you choose to join this industry?
I love working in customer service; especially in a place that has repeat business. The perks aren’t bad either! (ie. hair color, cuts, spa services)
2) What is your favorite part of your job?
Interacting with the regular clients that come into the salon every day. I also love the fact that I have the opportunity to work with truly god people. We laugh a lot!
3) What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
Bake and cook! I love to spend time with people in my life that I love.
4) What motivates you?
A constant search for happiness and peace. The people I love, and not wasting a single a day.
5) Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Right now, Paula Deen. She reminds me of all the great southern women who had a hand in raising me. She also loves people with food – I can identify with that!
My co-team members Lilla and Linda! A wonderful team of people with which to work. Aveda!
7) What advice would you give someone who’s thinking about making a career in the salon/spa industry?
You get what you put into it. Invest in your skill; be it technical or client service.
8) What is your favorite Aveda product and why?
Tourmaline Radiance Fluid and Tourmaline Radiance Masque. Makes my skin glow!
9) Who has had the greatest influence on your career and why?
My parents. For putting thought and care into raising me and my sister. Always putting us first. Great work ethic and honesty.
10) Share one thing interesting about yourself that people typically don’t know about you.